Thursday 2 May 2013

Anyone Can Be a Runner

My client did her first 5km this past weekend.  When she started running 3 months ago she was over 230lbs and everyone told her she shouldn't do it, that she was 'too heavy' to run, she was going to get injured, ... or whatever other type of rubbish.

Well... 3 months later, and over 20lbs lighter (and counting...) she has run her first 5km and has signed up for 2 more races since, including a 10km in September.  No injuries, just shrinking in size, and increasing in strength and stamina.

....

Another client of mine, 47 years old started working with me last year, could barely run...period.  Going through consistent strength training, running training and learning technique, for a good YEAR... can now run a 5km in 25 minutes, with eaaaseee.

.....

These are just TWO scenarios.  I too used to thinking I was not 'made for running'.... I thought because I got out of breathe, it was not my thing. Until I realized, like anything... I just had to practice. I had to realize that as said below... ANY one can run. For me this concept was life changing, and I love showing people that they can do it too.  One of the most rewarding parts of my job is to see people realize it for themselves. If it's something they want to do.

​"Anyone can Be a runner.  

We were meant to move.  

We were meant to run. "

Bill Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment